Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Spring Egg Gourd


I tangled an egg gourd instead of an egg today, Easter, to bring to a friends house this evening as a gift.  I thought it would be something fun, although she would probably rather a bottle of wine, but there will be plenty of that.

This reminds me of a story not so long ago when we lived a close knit neighborhood in the suburbs and my husband and I used to host a winter open house to keep us all from going stir crazy.  One of our older, very eccentric neighbors showed up with a butternut squash under his arm.  He had grown it himself and stored it for winter.  I thought it was a humble and wonderful gift and we enjoyed his harvest with a smile on our faces.

I hope this too brings a smile.






You can order egg gourds here.

No comments:

Post a Comment