Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Weekly Challenge #138: "Fun with Borders"

Borders appear on many things in and around our home. Ever since I saw Maria Thomas's fascination with frame designs I have been gathering pictures for future tangling myself. This challenge has provided a perfect excuse to try one I recently found in a friends home.

This looked so rich and ornate to me, I immediately loved it.


The second tile I decided it needed a little more weight to it and I prefer that one to the first.




13 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration and beautiful tile. Yes, the second has more oomph with those nice black pearls. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic border! so mochalicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! Both the carving and our deconstruction.
    And yes, it really pops with the black accents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are lovely, but I agree, the 2nd one I like better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the border and how you used it for your tile.
    The black accents are perfect for it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely. The second is my favorite. I like this fine contast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! The second one with the black looks great. And the more I look at them the more I see there a little cartoon creature in it (black nose, and a big smile) Great !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have to agree that the black really does help emphasize things. The frame reminds a little of Mooka.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it. It is elegantly simple, :) I like the second one best-- the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is an elegant pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely interpretation you've done. Gorgeous shading!

    ReplyDelete