Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Snail Mail

Many of us have become accustomed to blasting off an email when we want to communicate with one another.  The art of actually mailing a letter has become lost to so many of us.  I have a friend who is with a group called The World Needs More Love Letters and it got me thinking about our tangle practice.

As many of you know I have been spreading my very small space with tangled shells to get the word out about Zentangle and to also give the finder a "surprise."  Lately I have found that a tangled note lets you practice your breathing, your tangles and your writing.  A letter means so much more to the recipient then a quick email.  It is deliberate and it takes thought and patience.  In the end you have enjoyed some beautiful down time and when done you can send off a beautiful piece of art to someone who might just need a smile today.

Below are a couple of my recents notes. One sent to the fabulous friend who writes love letters to unknown people who may just need some help getting through a difficult situation.  Tangle and Write on!






No comments:

Post a Comment